How To Measure, Install And Maintain Roller Window BlindsMay 25, 2022
There are many things that you should keep in mind while you are getting measurements for your new roller blinds. this article contains some quick guidelines for helping you to decide the best measurements for you, you need to make sure that you have a pencil, paper, and a tape measure along with you
- Always keep in mind that you are supposed to take the measurements in mm and the reason behind this is that most of the blind suppliers need a size in mm
- When it comes to the point where you are supposed to take measurements than a normal window area there are two points where you can install these and they are known as the window face or window recess. These Roller blinds can be simply attached to the face of the window frame or the wall and in addition to this you can also attach them to the window recess so that you can have complete control over the positioning of your curtain
- In case you are going to have a recess measurement then always make sure to have appropriate death so that you can mount inside the area of the window frame and that is why it is suggested that 75 mm would be a suitable area. If you choose an area less than this then you need to know that the shade or curtain will probably protrude out and that is why it is recommended that the area should be at least the mentioned length if you want your curtain to fit perfectly.
- In case you are going to have a face to measurement then you are supposed to measure the exact width from the place where you would like to install your blind. In addition to this you can also add and overlap from the window frame of between 50 and 100mm this would help to decrease the gap at the side of the shade which will help you to get better control of light and will improve your privacy also. also don’t forget to take measurements from the top of the place where you want to position this curtain or shade. and finally, note down the measurements
- You need to make sure that while taking all the measurements you have deducted at least 10 mm from one side and 10 mm from the other side and you also need to make sure that you take every measurement twice so that you can avoid any kind of error
- You also need to make sure that the fit is perfect. It is especially important if you have any obstructions like window handles. if you have full-length windows it is recommended that you should measure to approximately 20 mm of the floor because this will give enough clearance and the shade will have room to settle over time.
- Finally, you have to decide whether the blind you are installing is over roll or under roll which means that is the fabric to roll off the front of the tube or at the back. in general, the fabric rolls off the back are considered a standard